TECHNOLOGICAL EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE (T.E.I.) OF PIRAEUS
The Liaison Office of the Technological Educational Institute (T.E.I.) of Piraeus has been in operation since 1993. In 2005, a branch of the Liaison Office was also opened at the Department of Tourism Management operated by the T.E.I. on the island of Spetses. Together, they offer:
- A source of up to date, accurate advice and information about a range of educational and careers issues
- A meeting point between the T.E.I. of Piraeus and the job market
- An opportunity to get in contact with public sector bodies generally
- A contact point between the T.E.I. of Piraeus and other educational institutes throughout Greece and abroad
The Liaison Office has been an important part of the organisational structure of the T.E.I. of Piraeus since 2001. It is run by the Department of Studies, Practical Training and Career of the Institute’s Direction of Studies Co-ordination and Student Care.
To carry out its work, the Liaison Office:
- maintains confidential databases with details of companies, graduates, students, etc.
- brings students and graduates into contact with potential employers to open up work placement and career
- organises special events, exhibitions, etc.
- offers counselling on personal and career issues
- keeps its libraries well stocked with a wide range of information, both in printed form and on-line
- publishes information material
- has its own dedicated website and e-magazine http://gdias.teipir.gr and http://gdias.teipir.gr/e-magazine
- produces relevant studies
- offers free access to the Internet and also provides a reading room
- supports activities that help secondary-level students to make vital career decisions and to take advantage of the specialised services offered by the Institute
- supports entrepreneurship
- has established co-operation with a network of similar organisations
The Liaison Office can provide you with information on:
- Scholarships and bequests
- Transfer options to other courses
- Practical training and job vacancies
- Details of companies and organisations
- Guidance on how to write a curriculum vitae, covering letters, and how to deal with interviews
- Training programmes and further education for socially vulnerable groups
- Seminars, special events, conferences, etc.
The services provided by the Liaison Office can be used by:
- Students / graduates who are seeking practical training / job opportunities or who need information about opportunities-prospects to continue their studies
- Companies-Organisations which are looking for specialised staff to fill job vacancies and seeking to develop co-operation with the Institute
- Members of the T.E.I. of Piraeus Academic and Administrative Community
- Greek and foreign educational institutes who are seeking to expand their co-operation with the T.E.I. of Piraeus
- KE.SY.P (Advisory and Orientation Centres) and GRA.S.E.P. (Advisory and Professional Orientation Offices) – Secondary – level students who require information concerning the T.E.I.’s different departments and career opportunities for graduates.
You can visit the Liaison Office everyday from 08:00 until 14:00 hrs. and use its services, libraries, computer facilities or just pick up some information from the notice boards. It’s easy to use our services and completely free of charge.